Sustainable Palm Oil Policy
We at Far East Holdings Berhad will ensure that our product is produced in a sustainable manner by adhering to the sustainability principle throughout the company for the benefit of present and future generations.
We are committed to:
- Comply with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
- Conserve the environment and promote positive environmental impacts.
- Respect the rights of employees and local communities.
- Build a transparent, traceable, and sustainable palm oil supply chain.
- Produce quality products and provide good services to customers.
- We will ensure that all our operations, including our suppliers of the palm oil supply chain, to comply with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
- We respect for fair and ethical conduct of business and prohibit all forms of corruption, bribery, and fraudulent use of funds and resources.
- We adhere to environmental laws and regulations.
- We prohibit burning in all our operations.
- We conserve the environment by mitigating the negative impact and promoting the positive ones through systematic planning and procedure.
- Training will be provided to all employees on environmental awareness and pollution prevention, and take on the responsibility to preserve the environment.
- High Conservation Value (HVE) area will be maintained, together with the protection of rare, threatened, and endangered species.
- No development of High Carbon Stock (HCS) Forests.
- No new development on peat regardless of depth.
- Best Management Practices will be applied on existing plantations on peat.
- Co-operate with the community, contractors, suppliers, and government agencies to improve the environment.
- The process of recruitment and promotion will solely base on individual qualification and performance, regardless of race, caste, nationality, religion, physical disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, union membership, and/or political affiliation. We will ensure that equal opportunities are provided to all personnel.
- Forces labour, bonded labour, and person under the age of eighteen (18) years old shall not be employed.
- We respect the right of all employees to form or join trade unions and bargain collectively.
- We will not tolerate any type of sexual harassment and violence in our workplace and the management will take the lead in preventing it.
- We will ensure a safe and healthy working environment to all of our employees according to our Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- We respect land tenure rights.
- We respect native or customary rights of indigenous and local communities.
- We commit to Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC) before commencement of any new development.
- With a transparent grievance system in place, we will improve the level of engagement with our stakeholders for them to inform us when there are issues with our palm oil supply chain.
- We are progressively building a traceable palm oil supply chain and expect all our suppliers to engage and committed in this Sustainable Palm Oil Policy.
- We are committed to produce quality products and provide good services with competitive pricing to meet industry expectations and customer requirements.
- We will remain innovative and consider new technologies for continual improvement and cater for changing needs.
This policy will be implemented throughout the Company and we will continue to monitor the implementation process. Taking into account of new developments and changes, we will have this policy reviewed to ensure our consistent commitment towards sustainable palm oil production.